Please read some information regarding your stay in Crete.
- The best way to come to Crete is a direct flight from all over Europe to Heraklion or Chania. If you fly to Athens, you can get to Crete either by plane or by boat. Ferries come to Rethymno, Chania or Heraklion and leave (normally) around 19.30h every day from Athens. This is probably a more romantic way of travelling to Crete.
- On Crete you can rent a car or a bike directly at the airport but not in the harbor. You can also make a reservation before coming so that your vehicle waits for you at the place of your arrival. Please note that Cretan roads are rather small and not always well kept, so take your time to get used to driving in Crete.
- If you want a taxi, you can either order one yourself upon your arrival, or we can send you a taxi from Rethymno to pick you up.
- In case you want to jump directly into the Cretan culture, take a bus: it costs less money and it is rather funny. However, buses to Rethimno don't leave directly from the airport. You have to go to Chania or Heraklion towns in order to get the bus to Rethimno from the central bus station.
- The currency is Euro
- You can use all kind of credit cards in Crete. In Rethymno there are lots of banks for all kinds of bank services.
- Rethymno is a small town (25.000 inhabitants) on the north coast of Crete, right in-between the bigger cities of Heraklion and Chania. It has a nice long sandy beach and very easy access to the beautiful and quiet south coast (about a 30 minute drive).
- PDM Hellas S.A. is a shareholder company with its legal headquarters in Rethymno, Greece.
The address of PDM Hellas S.A. is:
PDM Hellas S.A.
(for Cultural Holidays)
GR 74100 Rethymo
Tel/ Fax: 0030-831-52794
You can reach us Monday till Friday from 9.00h until 16.00h